Thursday 29 June 2017

3rd post seasonal smells

Hey this post will be about seasonal smells so will cover not only summer/spring smells but all that I have used and will probably return during their respective season. Images will be of items I personally have in order to show items which may not be currently on sale. Can you please share this with anyone you think would find this interesting. Please comment anything you want me to look in to for you and talk about.

In my last post I spoke about further face washes which are good to use in the evening. Also at the end I asked what you would want to see in my next post and the responses that I had got was for seasonal smells. These are the ones that I have experience with and have items of to show what they look like.

I will first look in to the spring/summer smells as they are the ones which are currently out then look at the Christmas smells from last year. This spring/summer smells are based around well-known cocktails.

The first one I will be looking at is meant to smell like a virgin Mojito, which is a mixture between lime and mint. The lime is the dominant smell with a small complementing smell of mint. In the image there is the body wash, body butter and sorbet of the smell. it is a nice refreshing smell for summer. the body butter and the sorbet will also work well to help deal with any dry skin from the warm weather and help make your body look good for going out in t-shirts and sandals.


The second spring/summer smell is piñita colada. This is a mixture between pineapple and coconut. The main smell is pineapple with a small bit of its citrus from it coming out with a small bit of coconut to add a bit of extra something to it. This one is my second favourite since I am not a big fan of coconut but it is better to judge which you like by going in and smelling them as each to their own. It looks a bit like aerated water that you see sometimes you see from your tap.


The winter  fragrances are based around Christmas smells and foods. Each one has a fruit which is used as the base for each one. There was a large variety of products for each as they are for both as something the people would uses for themselves and give as presents. This also meant there was a variety of different styles for each one.

The first one I will look at is one of my personal favourites which is spiced apple. I may have gone a bit over board with spiced apple since I have got which is shown in the picture; the body butter, body scrub, body wash, hand cream, lip balm and lip gloss. The body scrub is useful to remove any dead skin on your body and remove any impurities in your skin making it ready to tan in the sunny summer weather (when it comes around and comes out) also help. The hand cream is a very nice smelling hand moisturiser which will help your hands recover from the hard work of each day. The lip balm and lip gloss work very similarly the lip balm moisturises your lips more than the lip gloss which will make your lips more shiny though, both smell good and taste good which is quite unique since most will only give you one or the other.

These are all shown below. One other products I had got was the perfume they did for the 3 main Christmas smells which makes a good gift, there is a small balling in it to disturb a powder that is in it to make it look cloudy and to add a bit of shine to it, it makes a good gift. For the spiced apple collection there was special set which came in a case shaped like a large apple to continue with the them which looks really good and would make a really good gift. Also when I last checked the there was still spiced apple on the body shop website but may run out soon.


The next smell I will be talking about is frosted plum which is more of a soft almost floral which, makes a nice change from the normally more heavy winter fragrances. It was advertised more as a limited edition smell but will hopefully return next winter. The items that I have to show for this bit is the lip balm and the body butter. These are shown in the image below.


The third winter seasonal smell is the only one which does not have fruit in it which is Vanilla Chai. It smells a bit like an everyday scented candle. Out of the smells this is one of my least favourites since of it having more of a waxy smell. The only item I have currently of it is the body butter but I did have the lip balm but gave them to friends since it would help them and I was less likely to use it.


The last seasonal smell is Frosted Berries. This one has a sweeter smell then some of the other smells which makes a nice change since sometimes the fruits have a bit more of a citrus smell plus it is not too heavy for daily use. The body shop lip balms are all very good for your lips with out the normal draw back from flavoured or scented lip balms. It has a very nice fruity smells.


The next post will be about targeted treatment. This will have items which will help deal with breakouts and patches of skin with a lot of acne. Would you all be interested in me doing haul posts from when I go out to restock and see what there is in store? If there is anything you would like me to look in to are elaborate on just comment and I will ether get back to your in the comments or in a post. Please share the blog with anyone you think would find this useful or interesting. The more it gets out there the more I can do to help and share.

links;
virgin Mojito: https://www.thebodyshop.com/en-gb/search?text=virgin+mojito
piñita colada: https://www.thebodyshop.com/en-gb/search?text=pi%C3%B1ita+colada
spiced apple: https://www.thebodyshop.com/en-gb/search?text=spiced+apple

price guide for each item;
lip balm: 20ml £4
body wash: 60ml £2, 250ml £5
body scrub: 250ml £15
body butter: 50ml £6, 200ml £15
hand cream: 30ml £4
sorbet: 200ml £8.5

40 comments:

  1. It is interesting how the scents of items we use change as they seasons change, I have to admit I love the scents that come out around Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these sound like they would smell delicious! I would love to try the pina colada!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say you can't go overboard with the Body Shop, whichever scent you choose, they're so natural.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bodyshop products are usually lovely no matter what the scent. Have been able to rely on them for years now. I do tend to use more refreshing scents like citrus and light flowe scents for summer, and spicey scents more likey in the colder months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the Piñita colada body shop is deffo the one for me :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the sound of the mojito ones, I love that kind of scent. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love anything from the Body Shop. I've never had a bad scent, and do seem to rotate with the seasons. Some of my favorites are lavender, jasmine, or peppermint.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the Pinta Colada body cream from Body shop, i got it last year and oh my god its amazing. The smell screams summer I use it every day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I much prefer warmer winter smells, although I love fruity ones too. I'm just not a massive fan of pina colada though x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love fresh fruity smells for summer, however vanilla and coconut smells is my fav in winter months.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh i love a good scent for me its the coconut scents in the summer and then in winter i move to the winter spice and cinnamon scents x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The lime and mint sounds wonderful although I do love coconuts for the summer

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love a good coconut smell in the summer because it reminds me of being on holiday and the smell of sun tan lotion!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These sound lush. I would love to test them out and see what works well and smells the best!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the Body Shop's range of body butters. Great products!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I lvoe then body shop but I'm quite smell senstive and a scent I love in store will make me feel poorly a couple of weeks later. I have my firm bosy shop favourites but they last me ages as I use them for a couple of weeks them put them away again for months till I can face them again

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love any of the summery smells, definitely makes it feel more like summer!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love The Body Shop for their products but I think the Spiced Apple range out of the ones you have shown is my favourite x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Body Shop products are great and always smell wonderful, I love how we change the scents we use according to the season :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. As mojitos are my favourite cocktail I do like the sound of the virgin mojito, although I like fruity fragrances so the pina colada probably smells amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Virgin Mojiito sounds like an amazing smell!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love having different smells for different times of years. Pineapple and coconut are one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the way that particular scents remind us of certain times of year

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love their Ginger Shampoo that helped me to control the dandruff. Body shop products are usually of good quality and love how they launch products based on the season! My vote is for the Christmas ones ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. ive got virgin mojito and absolutely love it. i need to stock up on them

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love most of the body shop products and you've included some really lovely products

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the piñita colada range from The Body Shop, it instantly reminds me of summer! x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very good round up of The Body Shop products. I'm one that prefers certain basic products sol year around though.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love fresh mint smell for summer, it's my favorite all the time !!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh I love the idea of the pinta colda one, I love the drink so would be happy smelling like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love The Body Shop, but I've never tried any of these particular scents before! I think I may have to try the Pina Colada one, I bet it smells amazing!

    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the Body shop products, one of my favourite scents is the frosted plum :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Pina Colada is one of my favourite scents! You can't go wrong with anything from The Body Shop, really.

    ReplyDelete
  34. The bodyshop is my addiction. Every thing smells good and is organic as well.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Vanilla Chai is interesting. Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I´d love to try the virgin mojito :)))

    ReplyDelete
  37. So many to try here! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I just buy this stuff just for the smell even though I don't use them.Thsnks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  39. The Body Shop... one of my favorites. I love their rain forest shampoo for oily hair especially. My must have. Great review btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. ahhh the body shop is so damn good!!! cannot wait to smell the strawberry one when i get home :)

    ReplyDelete